Expand Your Nursing Career Outlook with an Online BSN
Increase your nursing salary potential
Florida A&M University’s accelerated online RN to BSN program delivers the advanced management skills you need to expand your nursing career outlook, increase your salary potential and qualify for the healthcare jobs you want. Graduate with the credential to become a leader and stand out in your field as a competitive and trusted registered nurse.
- Increase your worth. The median annual salary for registered nurses who completed a bachelor’s degree was $77,600 in 2021, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.1
- Stand out as a leader. Graduate with the expertise and credential to impact your facility as a trusted registered nurse.
- Experience an ACEN-accredited education. Stand out among your applicants for the nursing jobs you want with a degree that’s accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
Request More Information
Complete this form to receive information about coursework, admissions, tuition, and more.
All fields required
Registered Nurse (BSN) $77,600 per year1
Clinical Nurse Leader $84,652 per year2
Advance Your Education, Advance Your Opportunities
The online Fast Track RN to BSN program is designed to increase your nursing salary potential, enhance your professional capabilities and prepare you to respond to the growing demand for diverse types of nurses. Not only does the online RN to BSN from FAMU provide leadership expertise for healthcare settings, but it also introduces graduate-level coursework so you can pursue a master’s in nursing following the completion of your bachelor’s degree and advance your career further with your choice of nursing specialties.
- The field of nursing is expected to grow 9% by 20301
- More than 276,000 new positions for registered nurses are expected to be created by 20301
- The highest paid registered nurses earned up to $120,250 in 20211
Program Outcomes and Skills Acquired
What You’ll Learn
- Essential leadership skills you can apply in a variety of healthcare settings.
- How to deliver impactful care to individuals throughout the lifespan.
- How to apply expert knowledge of cultural diversity in your practice.
Skills You’ll Gain
- Use a variety of communication and collaborative techniques to engage in intra- and inter-professional teams in ways that respect the values, ethics and practice standards of all members and ensure the delivery of safe, quality care.
- Apply critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills to deliver safe, quality care within the health care system and to advance the nursing profession.
- Apply leadership and management concepts and skills to influence systems and policies in order to ensure safe, quality, patient care and healthful practice environments.
- Implement strategies to provide safe, quality, patient-centered care to meet the needs of diverse populations, based on physiological, psychological, sociological, spiritual needs, cultural needs, preferences and values.
- Enact a professional identity that reflects a commitment to legal and ethical practice and lifelong learning.
- Engage in scholarly practice by critiquing research, using available evidence, and exhibiting a spirit of inquiry in the delivery of safe, quality, patient-centered care.
- Use appropriate informatics and healthcare technologies to promote positive health outcomes and to deliver safe, quality care in the health care system.
The Support You Need for the Career You Want
FAMU’s Career and Professional Development Center connects students with the resources they need for success after graduation. Our nursing students can stay connected with their classmates and the nursing community through our alumni and nursing associations. Discover new career opportunities, network with other professionals in your field and advance your potential.Learn More
Sources and Disclaimers
- Registered Nurses. Apr. 18, 2022. Retrieved July 13, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/registered-nurses.htm.
- Average Clinical Nurse Leader Hourly Pay. Jun. 26, 2022. Retrieved July 19, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Clinical_Nurse_Leader/Salary.
*The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for baccalaureate nursing program is Continuing Accreditation.