Online Learning Experience
A Quality Education Tailored to Your Schedule
Florida A&M University offers a selection of online degree programs designed to fit your schedule and prepare you for career advancement. As an online student, you’ll have the flexibility to access courses at the time and place of your choice as you learn from the same expert faculty who teach on campus and experience the rigorous curriculum our HBCU is known for.
Meet Your Florida A&M University Support Team
Like FAMU students who learn on campus, online learners receive the support they need from experts they can trust. Pursue your degree confidently with support offered every step of the way.
Once you’re accepted, you’ll be contacted by an enrollment counselor who will help you choose a degree path and register for courses.
- Receive expert advising each semester.
- Track your progress as you complete each course and step closer to graduation.
Your student success coach will help you stay on track as you complete your degree and ensure you have the support you need to make it to graduation.
- Success coaches are available on your schedule.
- Discuss your success and challenges online from anywhere.
Your academic advisor is committed to helping you make the right choices as you complete your degree. From overcoming challenges to celebrating your achievements, your academic advisor will provide you the support you need starting on your very first day as a Rattler.
- Get answers to your questions about your degree program.
- Troubleshoot technical issues.
- Understand your options for course scheduling and more.
Florida A&M University is committed to helping every student succeed, whether they learn on campus or online. From technical support to academic advising, FAMU offers a variety of resources to ensure you have everything you need to succeed.
Receive a free transcript evaluation to determine which of your previously earned credits are eligible for transfer.
- Save time by picking your degree up where you left off.
- Save money by applying your previously earned credits.
Receive advice and guidance from fellow online learners through FAMU’s peer mentor program.
- Learn from fellow online students.
- Peer mentoring is flexible to fit your schedule.
- Receive quick answers to your questions about learning online.
Receive expert academic advising, counseling and coaching throughout every step of your college career.
- Expert academic coaches are available on your schedule.
- Receive coaching online from anywhere.
Plan your own Career Action Plan with support from the Career Services team. From exploring job opportunities to enhancing your professional potential, you’ll receive the support you need to succeed.
- Receive expert résumé-building support.
- Opportunities to participate in mock interviews.
- Participate in workshops designed to enhance your interviewing and cover letter-writing skills.
Be notified of exciting opportunities you may qualify for with your degree.
- Learn about cooperative education programs and internships through HireARattler powered by Handshake.
- Develop your résumé with a career specialist and add it to HireARattler powered by Handshake.
Attend a career expo to network with potential employers and professionals in your field. Career expos are held twice per year and all FAMU students are invited to attend.
- Career expos are held in the spring and fall.
- Meet and become familiar with employers who are currently hiring.
Why Choose Florida A&M University Online?
Accessing the online classroom is simple as long as you have the right equipment. To learn online with Florida A&M University, you must have access to the following technical equipment, tools and applications:
- Computer and Webcam
- Microsoft Teams
- Respondus (Online Testing application)
- Exam Soft Exemplify (Student assessment platform)
- Shadow Health (Nursing simulation tool)
- EHR GO (Electronic Health Record and Learning platform)
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, absolutely. Online programs at Florida A&M University are explicitly designed for busy working professionals in mind, including those with personal and professional responsibilities. The asynchronous format lends itself well to the flexibility you need to succeed in the program you select.
Our online classes are typically 8-16 weeks long.
Yes! FAMU’s online nursing programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). You’ll be held to the same high standards as our students on campus.
Florida A&M University has a physical, brick-and-mortar campus located in Tallahassee, Florida. You can learn more about us here.
Students and their instructors can interact through discussion posts, and instructors keep office hours to chat via phone or video conference. Many students also find it easy to communicate with instructors over email. You can learn more about online learning here.
FAMU hosts two career expos each year, once in the spring and once in the fall. These expos offer networking opportunities with employers and professionals in a variety of fields.
In terms of rigor, instructors or the physical degree you receive, there’s no difference between online and on-campus programs. Online degrees offer full-time working professionals maximum flexibility in their ability to receive expert instruction and interaction, along with consistent guidance and support. They can study where and when it’s best for them so they can balance their obligations with schoolwork and achieve their ultimate goals. You can learn more about online learning here.